Aubrey Carew Sizer is a member of the Virginia State Bar with a practice focused on estate planning, elder law, and estate administration. She is qualified to serve as a Guardian ad Litem for incapacitated persons in Virginia. She also assists clients with small business planning, certain consumer law issues, and limited domestic relations matters. A graduate of Boston University (BA), The George Washington University (MA), and George Mason University School of Law (JD), Attorney Sizer has lived and worked in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area since 2007.
Prior to and throughout law school, Attorney Sizer worked at the Department of Justice, The Federal Trade Commission, and Towers Watson, a large global consulting firm. She has been exposed to a myriad of legal practice areas and is committed to helping individuals and families with their legal needs.
Ms. Sizer is a wife and mother who enjoys spending her free time with her family and friends. She loves the ocean, seafood, and to cheer on her beloved Patriots. She is an active member of many community and legal organizations and enjoys volunteering in the children’s ministry of her local church.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA), Member
- Virginia Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (VAELA), Member
- Virginia State Bar, Member, Trusts, and Estates Section
- Alexandria Bar Association
- Fairfax County Bar Association, Member, Wills, Trusts, and Estates Section
- Prince William County Bar Association
- Northern Virginia Black Attorneys Association (NOVABAA)
- Virginia Women Attorneys Association (VWAA)
- Old Dominion Bar Association (ODBA)
- American Bar Association
PRO BONO ACTIVITIES
- Northern Virginia Pro Bono Law Center, Wills on Wheels, Volunteer Attorney, 2015-Present
- DC Volunteer Lawyers Project, Volunteer Attorney, 2015-Present
- Legal Services of Northern Virginia, Consumer Law Clinic, Volunteer Attorney, 2016-Present